The face of the Argentinian born Ernesto ‘Che’ Guevara has been displayed on t-shirts, flags, coffee mugs and even on car bumpers. This idolisation is mostly seen in the US and Europe where trends seeking college and university kids have flaunted this symbol to cover up their own insecurities. Asking one of these kids what Che stood for, you’ll get the usual keywords like ‘freedom’, ‘rebel’, ‘anti-capitalist’, ‘feeding the hungry’, ‘fighting for the farmers’, and almost always the ‘symbol of hope’.
But in reality this marxist guerrilla fighter, whom later became part of the communist Cuban high command has proven to be anything but hope. At least not for many of his victims. To help you here is a list why you should throw away anything with Guevara on it.
- After the fall of Batista, Guevara ordered the execution of hundreds of Cuban government officials. No fair trial.
- Che trained and commanded firing squads and he killed thousands of men, women and even children that were considered enemies of Castro.
- He was against the number one principle of the West: Freedom of Speech. This includes freedom to say what you think, freedom to believe what you think (religion), assembly, and protest.
- He hated homosexuals
- Che wanted the cuban missile crisis to escalate into a nuclear war. “What we affirm is that we must proceed along the path of liberation,” he said, “even if this costs millions of atomic victims.”
Here are some quotes of Che Guevara. See if you would want to walk around with a hat or t-shirt with his face on it after reading these.
- “Youth must refrain from ungrateful questioning of governmental mandates. Instead, they must dedicate themselves to study, work and military service.”
- “Youth should learn to think and act as a mass. It is criminal to think as individuals!”
- “The victory of Socialism is well worth millions of atomic victims!”
- “We must do away with all newspapers. A revolution cannot be accomplished with freedom of the press.”
- “To send men to the firing squad, judicial proof is unnecessary. These procedures are an archaic bourgeois detail. This is a revolution! And a revolutionary must become a cold killing machine motivated by pure hate.”
- “Hatred is the central element of our struggle! Hatred so violent that it propels a human being beyond his natural limitations, making him a violent and cold-blooded killing machine. Our soldiers must be thus.”
- “The blacks, those magnificent examples of the African race who have conserved their racial purity by a lack of affinity with washing, have seen their patch invaded by a different kind of slave: The Portugese.”
- “The black is indolent and fanciful, he spends his money on frivolity and drink; the European comes from a tradition of working and saving which follows him to this corner of America and drives him to get ahead.”
- “I fired a .32 caliber bullet into the right hemisphere of his brain which came out through his left temple. He moaned for a few moments, then died.”
- “I’d like to confess, Papa, at that moment I discovered that I really like killing.”
- “If any person has a good word for the previous government that is good enough for me to have him shot.
If one of your friends wears a Che shirt or owns a poster, share this link with them, so that they can learn the truth about Che Guevara.